Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Warsash

Warsash 4 years 11 months ago #966

• Ian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
On behalf of Bob Cowen

Hi to all BLAZERS

It is now just 3 weeks to our Blaze Open Meeting at Warsash. This is the third of the 4 Blaze Open meetings that qualify for the Traveller Series and we are hoping for a good turnout of at least 30-35 Blazes.

As in previous years we are hoping for a good turnout from our own fleet. As you will be aware from Warsash’s recent success at the Nationals we now have a very competitive fleet so please come and join us for some great sailing ON THE SEA WITH WAVES in the Solent. Those who have been to Warsash in previous years will be aware that we do our best to provide not only great sailing but also a good time socially.

Peter Knight has kindly offered to forgo his Blaze for the weekend and be our Race Officer again. We can therefore ensure good courses and good racing in what are usually excellent conditions.

6 races are planned over the two days with an inclusive 2 course dinner on Saturday evening and tea at the prize-giving on Sunday. All competitors will receive a beer token courtesy of KAYOSPRUCE and there will be additional prizes from other sponsors. The event is being held in conjunction with the Stratos Nationals so there will be lots of fun to be shared. Very reasonably priced beer will be available after sailing each day and on both Friday and Saturday evenings – always attractive to Blaze sailors!

The Notice of Race and Entry Forms should shortly be on both the club website and the Blaze website.

Come and join in the fun!

Any queries please email me or call me.

Regards

Bob Cowan

Blaze 772
Ian
Blaze 695
Warsash SC
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Warsash 4 years 11 months ago #967

• Ian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Just as a separate thought if anyone is travelling down on the Friday let us know and we will find you parking space for the boat, also you are welcome to sail in our Friday night racing which Blaze start is 1830

Hopefully see lots of you there

Ian
Ian
Blaze 695
Warsash SC

Warsash 4 years 11 months ago #968

• Myles Mence
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
Dear Ian

If the breeze is up I will be over Friday afternoon and join in your evening race.

Regards, Myles

Warsash 4 years 11 months ago #976

• Crazyman
  • Thank you received: 3
first thanks to all at Warsash for a great event,
second good report Myles but you left out 2 of Bobs capsizes at the weekend
thirdly yes I was that prat that though low water mud was solid - thanks Richard for the rescue.

Warsash 4 years 11 months ago #977

• Myles Mence
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
Martin sadly I didn't witness your fun in the mud but was told about it by those who did and thought the lark should have wide broadcast. No mud at Bala. M
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds