Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Draycote Dash

Draycote Dash 5 years 8 months ago #752

• simon
  • Senior Boarder
Please find below the link for the Draycote Dash. The first event in The Southern Softies Winter Circuit. Its our chance to venture north to the frozen plains to sail with the hardmen who exist beyond the Watford Gap.
Its a great event and has been well supported by Blazes in the past. A 2 day event with average lap handicap racing over short courses on the Saturday followed by a long pursuit race on the Sunday.
Oh by the way a very good Indian nearby.
So who is up for it then? North or South of the Watford Gap.

Simon

www.sailracer.org/events/event-v2.asp?eventid=143535
Simon aka "Andy the dancing farmer" Blaze 800
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Draycote Dash 5 years 8 months ago #753

• Cirrus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Simon I know that the 'Great Lakes' handicap system will dent numbers a bit again (like the Blaze on 20 points below 'par') so like last year I would propose that the Blazes focus on a couple of the events - and that the Blaze results are then extracted. One of these will be designated the 'Blaze Winter Championship' (ie nice pot available !) The Dash is very good and must be supported in my view but is a bit too soon ... so what about the 'Steve Nicholson' event at Northampton early next year for the 'Winter Championship' event ? It is a 2 race, one day classic. Alternatively we could opt for the 'Bloody Mary' at QMSC - and keep the Nicholson in reserve (remember the weather is not at all reliable in the winter and freezing, no wind and excessive wind can stuff the best made plans. QMSC is not my favorite location but the race is another classic, has no number of entries limitation (unlike Northampton). and is a great showcase for the class

Let us know what you guys think....

Cheers - Mike Lyons (Cirrus)

Re: Draycote Dash 5 years 8 months ago #755

• Myles Mence
  • Banned
I am planning to be at Draycote, where's the best place to stay?

Re: Draycote Dash 5 years 8 months ago #757

• simon
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Myles
We are booked into The Toft House Courtyard as usual please find a link below.
Simon
www.courtyardtofthouse.co.uk/home.htm

Re: Draycote Dash 5 years 8 months ago #768

• simon
  • Senior Boarder
Well done to Martin for being the first Blaze on the entry list for the Draycote Dash. An improvement in the Great Lakes handicap has seen a 6 point rise from last years finger in the wind job. Details on the link below.

www.sailracer.org/eventsuserfiles/Drayco...-20121111-212727.pdf

Re: Draycote Dash 5 years 8 months ago #769

• Cirrus
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Simon ....

well I'd still like to see some calculations / rationale ! Not convinced until I seem objective method shown. But the move itself is in the right direction imo... and they still will not get club lasers off their backsides and along even if they start them with the toppers !! (somebody is living in the past there) On a related matter I see that they have finally split 'us' away from the Merlins as well and stuck us with the RS300 (Icon) ... hmmm. Halo looks a bit marooned at 2015 still.

Anyway the Dash is an enjoyable event whatever but also note that the 'BLOODY MARY' at QMSC is the designated 'Blaze Winter Challenge' event for 2012 this time round. But I'm not planning to do the Sailjuice series ... means that there will be some events where the weather will be rubbish or 'orrible for certain and you'll have to compete ....

So Blazes - target the BM for the 'Challenge' and do the 'Dash' for the kicks would be my take.

Mike L.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Cirrus.

Re: Draycote Dash 5 years 8 months ago #770

• whizsplash
  • Fresh Boarder
My leave request for the Draycote Dash has been refused, so it looks like I'll miss it for the first time this year.
Shame; because it's actually a really good event (regardless of my inability to make a Blaze actually get going inland)

On the bright side - It looks as if I can get leave to come and play at the Bloody Mary for the first time. Looking forward to messing about on a (large) pond with 250 other boats!
Rob

Re: Draycote Dash 5 years 8 months ago #771

• Myles Mence
  • Banned
Thank's Simon.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds