Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Southern Softies Circuit

Southern Softies Circuit 5 years 10 months ago #740

• simon
  • Senior Boarder
Hi All
As promised here is the proposed Southern Softies Circuit. 2 races to count for the Winter series and 2 to count from the Summer series. I am still waiting for some of the summer dates to be confirmed.
Hope to see some of you at the events.
Simon Beddows

Southern Softies Winter Circuit
2 to count from
Draycote Dash 24/25 November Draycote Sailing Club
Steve Nicholson 26 January Northampton Sailing Club 
Exmoor Beastie  18 March Wimbleball Sailing Club

Southern Softies Summer Circuit
2 to count from
Blaze Open 6/7 April Burghfield Sailing Club
POSH  ?11/12 May Paignton Sailing Club
Glyn Charles ? 19 May Hayling Island Sailing Club
Lymington Sailing Club ? July
Simon aka "Andy the dancing farmer" Blaze 800
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Southern Softies Circuit 5 years 10 months ago #741

• nickripley
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Simon,

Just to confirm, POSH 2013 will be on 11th/12th May. The format will be the same as 2012 but 'tweaked' to suit the classes attending. To date, we think we will be getting class races for:
RS600, RS100, D-One, Phantom as well as Blaze. I am hoping that the Contenders will be back, plus we may get the other RS classes and maybe a Moth or two. I am expecting that this time we will adjust the starts so that the Blazes start with the Phantoms as I had comments last year from both classes wishing to show the other class up, so there's a challenge!

The question that I have to ask though is, are you going to be taking part yourself now you don't have a boat?

Hope to see you all soon,

Nick

Re: Southern Softies Circuit 5 years 9 months ago #780

• nickripley
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Simon,

The date for the Exmoor Beastie has been published now and is one week later next year, now on 24th March not the 18th (suits me as I can do that weekend!)

Nick

Re: Southern Softies Circuit 5 years 9 months ago #781

• contender677
Hello to all Blaze racers located around the south east. Organised in conjunction with the Blaze Association ...just to let you know there is a one day Blaze, Contender & Phantom open meeting on Saturday 09/03/2013 at Bough Beech SC (265 acres - between Sevenoaks & Edenbridge NW Kent) The club opens around 0800 with breakfast served from 0830, briefing at 1000 and first start 1100, 4 races 3 to count, 14 quid includes lunch and no need to rush home for work the next day (for most!)...Formal NoR & SI's to follow soon. For the Contenders it is Travellers Trophy No 2 so should be reasonably attended by them, I know there is a rivalry between Blazes & Phantoms ... so I would be good to see that continue and I've tasked local Blaze sailor John Ballantyne to envigorate the local 5 or 6 Blazes. If you intend to come I'd be grateful if you'd let me know to assist with the catering etc and if you've any queries email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. As the clubs handicap rep' I've organised this event to give our Blazes, Contenders & Phantoms an opportunity for class racing but reminding them we must reciprocate (I've made the Contender Nationals & inlands this year) . As a shift worker I can't commit to two day events so by running a one dayer with four shorter races it eliminates accommodation costs and hopefully appeals to those who like me have other commitments. If I get ten of each class that'll make a worth while meeting, so fingers crossed for a good breeze and looking forward to seeing visiting Blazes giving the locals a run for their money. Hopefully it'll prove worthwhile and so encourage more one day events ... which might bring others out on the circuit.

Also, if your club is dormant during the winter and you fancy some competitive racing BBSC hold a 16 race open Icicle series Jan-Feb, details on the club web site and you are welcome to leave your boat at the club between the two events.

Jon Hill Contender 677 Bough Beech Handicap Class Rep'

Re: Southern Softies Circuit 5 years 9 months ago #782

• rumz653
  • Fresh Boarder
  • the rookie
  • Thank you received: 1
Sounds good!

Re: Southern Softies Circuit 5 years 9 months ago #783

• simon
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Nick.
Thanks for the update. I provisionally used the same date as last year. Hope to see you there if not before. Next event is The Blaze Winter Challenge cup which this year will be The Bloody Mary at Queen Mary sc in January.
Christian would you mind updating the events page.
Simon

Re: Southern Softies Circuit 5 years 9 months ago #787

• Cirrus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Should be a good one - one single long pursuit. As it is winter most don't appreciate hanging around between races as we are sometimes forced to do by rookie (or pedantic) RO's who have 'just been on a course' and want to set the 'perfect line' in shifting conditions.

The BM, if you have never done one, is simply a great event and must be done at least once in life. Yes its a bit chaotic on shore but it is a lot of fun as well. This time round it is the Blaze 'Winter Challence' Cup event as well so you have a double opportunity to win something .... And if Blaze numbers are reasonable Cirrus will put up a few additonal prizes.

Mike L.

PS - Now does Mr Miller still possess the Challenge Cup I wonder ? ... over to you committee members to recover !
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Cirrus.

Southern Softies Circuit 5 years 4 months ago #923

• simon
  • Senior Boarder
Time to get out your buckets and spades our next event is at the seaside. POSH takes place in 2 weeks time. So far the Blazes are the biggest fleet - just, lets keep it that way. A good chance to sail at this years Nationals venue.
www.paigntonsailingclub.com/posh_regatta.php
Simon 800
Time to create page: 1.137 seconds