Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2013 events Northern

2013 events Northern 5 years 9 months ago #729

• Dave_777
Guys, Scaling Dam SC, would like to offer the possibility of a Blaze event Sat 1st June 2013. This event would be run along with a Phantom fleet. We currently have 3 Blazes that race on regular basis. There would be free camping on site, + local pub within staggering distance. Scaling is located 10 miles from Whitby.

Would there be any interest.

Dave 777
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2013 events Northern 5 years 9 months ago #730

• nickripley
  • Junior Boarder
Bit far for me I'm afraid. Google maps recons 6 Hours 17 Minutes driving time (probably without a trailer).

Hope to see you all the following weekend for the Nationals though - 6 Hours 17 Minutes driving time if you are coming from Scaling Dam I'm afraid!

Nick

Re: 2013 events Northern 5 years 9 months ago #731

• whizsplash
  • Fresh Boarder
1 week before the nationals could prevent a lot of people travelling, due to cashing in brownie points etc.
I've been to events in the past only 1 week before a major event and without fail - attendance has been much reduced from what would normally be expected.
Rob

Re: 2013 events Northern 5 years 8 months ago #735

• Dave_777
OK i will investigate whether Scaling Dam SC can offre an alternative date, Dave 777

Re: 2013 events Northern 5 years 8 months ago #737

• pipwarner
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Dave 777,
Let me know when you can organise something and as long as it doesnt clash with work or hols i'll be there.

Pip 637, Hornsea sailing club up the road.

Re: 2013 events Northern 5 years 8 months ago #756

• Dave_777
Hi , Scaling Dam sc are offering new date of 28th sept. I have checked current Blaze 2013 calender and it seems clear. Checking with christain Smart.

thoughts guys

Dave 777

Re: 2013 events Northern 5 years 8 months ago #774

• pipwarner
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Dave,

Just spotted you've fixed your Northern Blaze meeting for 28th Sept, i'll assume it will be a 2 day event to include the 29th Sept. Looks OK for me at this stage and penciled it into my diary so I'll make every effort to be there. FYI our open is usually about 2 weeks before yours if you fancy a trip down the coast.

Cheers for now, Pip 637 Hornsea.

Re: 2013 events Northern 5 years 5 months ago #817

Morning All

One more event in the North. Combined with Lasers.

Blaze open at South Windermere SC - 1 day event - Saturday 11th May.

For details se SWSC website.
Chris

Blaze 748

:)

2013 events Northern 5 years 4 months ago #891

• pipwarner
  • Junior Boarder
Hi All,

Northern events seem to be a bit thin on the ground this year. Has anyone in the north got any events that may be attracting a few Blazes. Scaling Dam should be OK for me, will try to get to South Windemere. I also intend to go to the Birkett at Ullswater on 6th & 7th July if anyone is interested. Hornsea SC have their annual regatta taking place 14th & 15th of Sept, but that may be too close to the Scaling Dam event for some. We do have a possible spot on the 20th April which is a Streaker one day event. If say 5 or 6 of you would fancy it, I could approach HSC committee to see if we could join the fun and, if better for you, make it a 2 day event. Let me know on any of the above.
Cheers for now
Pip 637.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds