Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rudder attachments

Rudder attachments 5 years 8 months ago #662

• Kev M
  • Senior Boarder
My rudder is slacker than a whore's knickers. Is that normal? Stoopid question I know but this is the first boat I've owned.

If it's not normal perhaps you can point me in the right direction. The bottom gudgeon is a sea-sure 18.13. The pin diameter is still about 8mm so any play is in the rudder stock. Can the rudder stock be sleeved or not?

The upper gudgeon has lost its label so I can't see the part number. Does anyone know what it is? The hole is around 9mm diameter so needs replacing but I dont' know what to replace it with. I want the same one so I don't have to drill any holes.

The pin on the rudder stock is loose too, can these be replaced or not?

Cheers,
Kev
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rudder attachments 5 years 8 months ago #663

• Cirrus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Can we assume it is a Mk 1 boat ? If so the cast alloy stock can get pretty knackered. Can be sorted by a good engineering works but sometimes will need replacement. Both transom fittings should be Sea Sure - again might be knackered and need replacing if not 'bushed' - even if it is it is very difficult to ger bushes for Sea Sure (btw we do have them for RWO !)

Hopet this helps - call us if you want to discuss.

Regards - Mike L.

Re: Rudder attachments 5 years 8 months ago #664

• Kev M
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Mike,

It is a Mk1 boat, what are the weak points of the cast alloy stock?

Both transom fittings are indeed sea-sure. Are the RWO fittings better and if so are they a straight replacement or is work required?

Cheers,
Kev
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds