Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Running continuous lines

Running continuous lines 5 years 5 months ago #643

• Kev M
  • Senior Boarder
I took out the continuous kicker and centre board lines when I first got the boat as I didn't like having all that extra rope and shock chord running up and down the centre of the boat.

Unfortunately the alternative setup hasn't been as neat or useable as I'd hoped. Has anyone tried taking up the slack by gathering it in between the front of the rack and the cleat? I realise this will mean gathering in the slack before any adjustment is made but that might actually work better from a point of where your arms and hands are placed before you need to pull on the rope with any force.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Running continuous lines 5 years 5 months ago #644

• Myles Mence
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
Kev.

Like you I cannot abide string on the floor and the system I use is ultra simple - lead your kicker and cunningham to the aft quarters as usual and join the ends together with about two to three foot of shockcord.

This works well for cunningham but inevitably with the kicker on the wind there is excess slack the shockcord cannot take up and this hangs out the back of the boat. This is harmless and doesn't bother me but I admit may not be the solution you are looking for.

Myles

Re: Running continuous lines 5 years 5 months ago #661

• Kev M
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Myles,

My current system is similar to yours but uglier. I've doubled up the shock chord and attached it to a small block, the non-continuous line runs through the ring at the front of the wing, through the block and then gets tied off back at the ring. I've never run out of rope but it's ugly, especially when I leave the wings in a bit from maximum and there's spare chord. What I might do is re-instate the continuous lines but instead of running the slack up through the middle of the boat, run it under the wing between the ring at the front and the back end.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds