Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Aluminium racks

Aluminium racks 5 years 8 months ago #516

• Kev M
  • Senior Boarder
One of my outer racks is bent at the forward straight section. Has anyone got any experience of bending them straight or does anyone have a spare they can sell (pref in the midlands) that has upgraded to carbon?

Cheers,
Kev
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Aluminium racks 5 years 8 months ago #525

• andy76
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Kev

Not sure if you have looked into this but you may find it much cheaper if you contact a local independant fabrication firm and give them your old one as template ensuring you let them know the bend should not he in it and they will proberbly be able to knock one up

Re: Aluminium racks 5 years 8 months ago #526

• Kev M
  • Senior Boarder
How much do you think that would cost Andy?

Re: Aluminium racks 5 years 8 months ago #527

• andy76
  • Fresh Boarder
No More than £50 although it depends on how long you can wait

Re: Aluminium racks 5 years 8 months ago #530

• rumz653
  • Fresh Boarder
  • the rookie
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, as a tempory fix to you old racks till you get replacements, (this may make some people cring!!) I,ve had to straighten both mine now. I removed rack place on grass roll car tyre onto long section close to bend carefully! Use as thick as you can find tube to slide into bent short section close to unwanted bend and gently lever, i only tug a little and check with a length of string along tube. The insert needs to be close to tube size so as not to oval tube, ground need to be firm and level. This could(will) be described as drastic but i've no spare money and seemed the simplest way of clamping tube. all working fine now! If you find cheap spares or good company for replacements please let me know, although when i can afford to i'd like to adapt to newer style, (£300 mixing with existing fixed tubes?)
Time to create page: 1.519 seconds