Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Where the Blazes are they?

Where the Blazes are they? 5 years 4 days ago #858

23 at Burghfield it seems. Whilst that probably makes it the biggest fleet in the country it's the numbers that actually sail on a regular basis that ought to count.

I guess the best 'stat' would be the club which gets the highest proportion of their fleet out on a regular basis?

Of the BSC 23, 3 are boats I've never seen out, 1 only does Wednesday evenings, and the club results show 8 boats sailing in the winter series.

So which club has the most active fleet????
Blaze 757
Icon 04
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Where the Blazes are they? 5 years 4 days ago #859

• Myles Mence
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
We have a growing fleet of 7 at Lymington all of whom sail reasonably regularly. The Blaze handles the Western Solent conditions well and some are owned as second boats for evening racing mid-week during the season.

In 2014 We hope to attract a good entry for a Blaze Open Meeting combined with the Lymington clubs regatta in mid-July.

The opportunity exists this year with the regatta being held on 13th/14th July but unfortunately this clashes with the Warsash open down the road and so we are not promoting hard.

Myles

Where the Blazes are they? 5 years 4 days ago #860

• Guyzie
7-8 at Felpham if I include Pete Jones who's been playing with the Halo rig. Last season we saw 5/6 out most Sundays and Wednesday evening. Two of us are new to the fleet this year with new boats in build :-) How are they coming on Mike? ;-)

Then we may have a plus one once Jonathon gets back from his German adventures.

Roll on the '13 season! A couple of us hoping to attend a few events as well.... really, Felpham boats travelling! :-)
G

Where the Blazes are they? 5 years 3 days ago #861

• stevewingrove654
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Two Blazes at Porthpean SC Cornwall. Roger Williams and my self. We sailed most Sundays and Wednesday Evenings apart from Duties and open meetings last season, that makes us 100% of the fleet sailing.It would be great if the members at our club who have made rumblings about getting into a Blaze would do so, they do not know what they are missing, there appears to be a lot of new boats being talked about would this have anything to do with the magic 800 number,perhaps we will now see some good quality second hand boats come on to the market.
Roger and my self will keep flying the Blaze flag down in the South West roll on the new season.

Steve Wingrove 654 Que Sara Sara

Where the Blazes are they? 5 years 2 days ago #862

• Ian
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have just looked at how we did at Warsash last year..

we currently have 20 Blazes in our fleet

17 of them raced at some point last year

we run 6 series over the season with Wednesdays being our more popular and competitive night over the 3 Wednesday series we had the following turn out

A Series - 13 Blazes, with maximum of 8 on the water together
B Series - 14 Blazes, with maximum of 9 on the water together
C Series - 15 Blazes, with a maximum of 9 on the water together

you will generally find due to the way our Duty system works that a blaze sailor generally has a duty in at least two of the series so always knocks numbers down each week by at least 1.

We did manage to field 11 of us at the club open on the water, with 2 of the blaze fleet being either on the committee boat or RIBs

Pretty Healthy turnout or so it seems when you are sailing
Ian
Blaze 695
Warsash SC

Where the Blazes are they? 4 years 11 months ago #869

Hi Myles

I may be tempted to pop in at Lymington. I am only down the road at Mudeford but geting a bit lonely as when I sail thats 100% of our Blaze fleet !!!

Where the Blazes are they? 4 years 11 months ago #870

• Myles Mence
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
Dear Andy

You are just down the road! Great you are most welcome.

The gun goes 10.30 every Sunday.

Let me know when you might come over and I will warn the committee boat and try and get another Blaze sailor to look out for you (I yacht over from Yarmouth direct to the start line and tend not to come ashore).

The LTSC website gives course card etc. Hope to hear from you soon, use my direct email if you wish: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Myles

Where the Blazes are they? 4 years 11 months ago #882

• Dave_777
Hi Guys,

We have 4 Blazes at our Sca;ing Dam SC, 3 of which race regularly.

look forwad to seeing some of you guys at our Open in Sept.

Dave
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds