Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another email published on the Yahoo Forum

Another email published on the Yahoo Forum 5 years 10 months ago #718

• paulsailing
  • CA Secretary 751
On the subject of prices ... the mast is based on the Icon tube and routine manufacture is being set up with the Devoti supplier at this time. It is the basis for the default supply Blaze carbon mast in Europe from 1/1/13 (and is very similar to the Icon one). As already stated it is our intention to grow the class beyond the UK with our partners and this requires us to supply a carbon mast

We are waiting final pricing from Devoti's partner supplier and in part this will be based on predicted volume and batch sizes.

The original development was undertaken here with Aardspars who make Moth, N12, OK and MR masts as well a host of specials. If we had been able to work long-term with Aardspars we would have been very happy to have done so but they have capacity limitations that mean we have to have the mast produced elsewhere. The Aardspars supplied mast would have been around £ 1400.

The relationship through Icon with Devoti means we have access to their carbon supplier. We are aiming to produce a worthwhile saving on the Aardspars price - hence the range given earlier.

These prices include standing rigging - but compatibility with the M7 for spreaders and rigging was always planned and some may wish to use perfectly good items to make a further saving - it is entirely their choice. BTW insurers generally only have concern when rigging is more than 5 years old and/or is taken off a damaged mast. (Yes - I know many masts have never had replacement standing rigging in the class !)

Ultimately I am not that concerned if the (UK)class decides to reject carbon mast use in specific CA events in the short term although I would prefer it to be adopted now on one of the proposed paths. But seriously they are really 'good' in use and regardless of an AGM decision I will encourage all owners to try one out.

However it is not possible for Cirrus or any other supplier to refuse supply of a product in one country that it offers in another EU country. Thus while we have to offer the M7 as an option mast in Europe we are just as obliged to offer a carbon one alongside the M7 as an option in the UK.

I would prefer that the Blaze sold into Europe from next year is the same as the Blaze here.

Mike L.(Cirrus Raceboats Limited)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.424 seconds